Gum disease can seriously impact your oral health and overall well-being. It puts teeth at risk and increases your chance of serious health issues. At Ruby Dental, we take gum infections seriously. That’s why we have a wide range of solutions for periodontics in St. Louis Park. When you come in with gum health concerns, our treatment will:
- Give you back your healthy smile
- Help you avoid consequences, such as tooth or bone loss
- Put a stop to painful gum problems
- Include helpful tips to improve your oral care habits at home
- Use the latest dental technologies for a stress-free experience
Call 952-800-5225 for an appointment if you are concerned about your gum health.
Renew Your Oral Health With Laser Gum Treatment
At Ruby Dental, we have invested in the technology and treatment techniques that give the best possible patient experience. If you show signs of gum disease during your exam, Dr. Ruby will discuss the various methods available to restore your smile.
One of the most advanced ways we can treat your condition is with the Biolase laser. Dr. Ruby will gently remove the infected gum tissue using this special laser. You can expect many unique benefits:
- Preserves Your Smile – You maintain more of your healthy gums, since the laser is more precise than traditional techniques.
- Minimally Invasive – Since we don’t use incisions or sutures, the procedure is less invasive and less uncomfortable.
- Quicker Recovery – The laser encourages the healing process in your gums. You also have a reduced risk for post-operative infection.
- Less Painful – There is less discomfort during and after the procedure, especially compared to traditional methods.
- Restored Gum Health – The laser also helps your gums reattach to your teeth, so you can expect faster healing after treatment.
Of course, a laser is only one way that we treat infected gums. For the early stages of gum disease, we’ll perform a deep cleaning procedure that eliminates the tartar in and around your gumline. We also have PerioProtect™, which delivers an antibiotic medication to your gums using custom trays. Dr. Ruby will explain which treatment is right for you during your appointment.
Recognize the Signs of Gum Disease
While gum disease can be challenging to spot on your own, there are signs to recognize. If you notice any of these symptoms, give us a call right away. If you have an infection in your gums, you may experience:
- Bleeding when you brush or floss
- Swollen or inflamed gum tissue
- Pain when you chew your food
- Receding gum line
- Loose teeth
- Bad breath
Call 952-800-5225 for periodontics in St. Louis Park. You can .